Annulment Attorney in Colorado
What is the Difference Between an Annulment and a Dissolution of Marriage?
Legally, the outcome of an Colorado annulment and a dissolution of marriage are no different. Some people consider an annulment as a simple way to end a brief marriage. However, because Colorado is a no-fault state regarding divorce, it is almost as simple to petition for a dissolution of marriage. The primary difference between the two is that an annulment effectively cancels the marriage, as if it never happened in the first place.
Under Colorado law, certain requirements and criteria must be met if a person wishes to obtain an annulment, or declaration of invalidity of marriage, in the state of Colorado.
If you feel your marriage meets any of the following criteria for annulment, then consult with a Colorado annulment attorney from Cantafio Nagel & Song PLLC:
- At the time of marriage, one party lacked the mental capability (due to alcohol, drugs, or another issue) to legally consent to the marriage.
- One party was unable to physically consummate the marriage, and the other party was unaware of this inability prior to the marriage.
- One party was underage and did not have prior consent from either the parents, the guardian or a Colorado family law court to get married.
- One party consented to the marriage under duress.
- One party entered in the marriage based on the misrepresentation or fraudulent act of the other party.
- The marriage was entered into as a dare or joke, on behalf of either party.
- The marriage was illegal and void to begin with due to incest, polygamy, or another illegal reason.
Our attorneys will take the time to thoroughly review your circumstances, determine if your request for Colorado annulment falls within the legal timeframe, help you define your legal objectives, advise you of your options, and provide you with the effective representation you require.
Considering an annulment in Colorado, get legal representation from Cantafio Nagel & Song PLLC today!
Get Help With Your Colorado Annulment
Our attorneys are highly trained and have extensive experience in all areas of divorce and family law. We are committed to helping our clients both envision and achieve their goals through outstanding service and aggressive representation. We understand the confusion that may arise when an individual enters into a quick, unplanned marriage. That is why we are here to answer your questions and help you resolve your legal situation with your best interests in mind.
Contact our Colorado annulment lawyers if you have questions about, or wish to file for, an annulment or declaration of invalidity of marriage. We are here to represent you and help you protect your rights.
Personal Attention for Every Client
A History of Positive Client Reviews
Handles Cases Nationwide
Full-Service Law Firm
150 Years of Combined Experience