Michael Song serves as the Chair and Managing Partner of the firm.
As Managing Partner, Michael leads the firm's Management Committee which oversees the firm's management and strategic direction.
Mr. Song also leads the firm's white collar criminal defense and government investigations practice.
Mr. Song is known for his skilled and tenacious representation of individuals and entities in criminal and civil investigations covering a wide range of substantive areas and conducted throughout Colorado and the United States.
Mr. Song is a former federal prosecutor and experienced trial attorney. As a defense attorney, Mr. Song represents individuals in a wide variety of complex criminal and civil matters, including white collar criminal offenses. Mr. Song has also represented clients in both civil and criminal fraud investigations and investigations pending with federal agencies.
Mr. Song has extensive experience in a wide variety of federal, state and local criminal matters, including, but not limited to, securities fraud, bribery and gratuities, tax fraud, immigration fraud, counterfeiting, mail and wire fraud, bank fraud and money laundering.
Prior to entering private practice, Mr. Song served with distinction as an Assistant United States Attorney in the District of Columbia and the District of Hawaii. Throughout his years of service as a prosecutor, Mr. Song handled more than 30 criminal trials and over 100 grand jury investigations. Mr. Song also participated in several long–term criminal investigations with specialized federal and state law enforcement task forces.
Mr. Song is a former Chief Deputy District Attorney for the City and County of Denver and Assistant Attorney General for the Colorado Attorney General’s Office. Mr. Song was the first Marijuana Attorney in the United States to work in an Attorney General’s Office. He also served as a law clerk to The Honorable Royce C. Lamberth of the U.S. District Court in the D.C. Circuit.
Mr. Song graduated from the University of Texas with a juris doctorate degree from the law school and a master's degree in public affairs from the Lyndon B. Johnson School of Public Affairs. Michael earned an M.B.A from Pepperdine University Graziadio School of Business and graduated from the United States Military Academy at West Point.
Mr. Song is also active in his community. He currently serves as Co-Chair for the Board of Directors at the Center on Colfax and Board Member for the Center for Legal Inclusiveness. Mr. Song also serves as the Honorary Consulate General of South Korea for the State of Colorado.
- State Bar of Colorado
- District of Columbia
MEMBERSHIPS & ORGANIZATIONS
- Honorary Consulate General - Republic of Korea, State of Colorado
- The Center on Colfax - Co-Chair
- The Center for Legal Inclusiveness - Board Member
- United States Military Academy, West Point, B.S., 1995
- Pepperdine Graziadio School of Business, M.B.A., 2000
- University of Texas School of Law, J.D., 2005
- University of Texas Lyndon Baines Johnson School of Public Affairs, M.P.Aff., 2005
- U.S. Army, Active Duty Military, 1991 - 2001
- Law Clerk to The Honorable Royce C. Lamberth, United States District Court for the District of Columbia, 2005 - 2006
- Assistant United States Attorney, U.S. Department of Justice, 2006 - 2012
- Office of the Colorado Attorney General, 2014 - 2017
- Denver District Attorney’s Office, 2017 - 2019
Awards & Honors
- Federal Bureau of Investigation Achievement Award, 2012
- United States Secret Service Special Achievement Award, 2009 - 2012
- National Park Service Achievement Award, 2011 - 2012
- IRS, Criminal Investigations Achievement Award, 2012