David P. Steinberger
David is an experienced senior counsel representing clients in a broad range of environmental, real estate, oil & gas and natural resources matters, as well as general civil litigation work. He has significant expertise in environmental law with practice focused on all aspects of environmental law, including:
- Federal and state litigation, involving cleanup-cost recovery actions and claims for coverage against insurance carriers;
- Land use and compliance permitting;
- Oversight of complex environmental property cleanups; and
- Environmental aspects of real estate and corporate transactions, including:
- Due diligence investigations;
- Negotiating the environmental provisions of those transactions; and
- Obtaining environmental pollution legal liability and lenders environmental insurance policies.
He also has experience in general civil litigation matters, including business and real estate disputes, as well as plaintiff’s-side personal injury work.
David is adept at identifying the critical issues which may impact a litigation or transaction, and finding practical solutions to manage those issues, and his background includes major law firm practice.
David’s non-work interests include camping with his family, fly fishing, skiing, and bicycling.
- New Jersey
- District of Columbia
- US District Court, District of Colorado
- Pace University School of Law
- J.D., magna cum laude, 1998
- Managing Editor, Pace Law Review
- University of Colorado at Boulder
- M.S., Environmental Biology, 1994
- Gettysburg College
- B.S., Biology. 1992