David Feeder is an experienced attorney and passionate litigator in the Denver office of Cantafio & Song PLLC, and he prides himself on being both a relentless advocate and a pragmatic, level-headed advisor for his clients. Mr. Feeder grew up in Loveland, Colorado, and has never forgotten his small-town roots. He also relies heavily on his undergraduate business degree from the University of Denver Daniels College of Business in helping his clients maximize their opportunities and avoid and resolve problems.
When he is not fighting for his clients, Mr. Feeder enjoys spending time with his wife, kids, dog, and cat. He can often be found at a pool or baseball field watching his kids’ sporting activities, and he is an enthusiastic fan of the Colorado Rockies and Denver Broncos. In addition, he perpetually wishes that he could be cooler and wittier on Twitter (@davidfeeder), and his second-favorite holiday is Groundhog Day.
The majority of Mr. Feeder’s practice has focused on litigation and arbitration of complex civil and commercial disputes in federal and state courts throughout the United States. His areas of practice have included the following: complex commercial/contract disputes; trade secrets and non-compete agreements; banking/credit-related disputes; marijuana industry issues & disputes; products liability; regulatory (Public Utilities Commission) disputes and appeals; real estate disputes; construction defect litigation; media and entertainment disputes; probate/business valuation disputes; intellectual property/patent litigation; employment law; energy/oil & gas; and legal malpractice.
He has extensive experience in all facets of litigation, including fact investigation, written discovery, witness development, taking/defending fact and expert witness depositions, motions & hearing practice, and trial.
REPRESENTATIVE TRIAL EXPERIENCE
Mr. Feeder’s focus is always on preparing his cases for trial, and he has tried numerous actions. His significant trial and litigation/arbitration accomplishments include the following:
- First-chair jury trial responsibility in state court business lawsuit (lending and guaranty-related dispute) that resulted in an extremely favorable settlement for the client during jury deliberation.
- First-chair trial responsibility for a state-court lawsuit regarding a contract dispute over CDOT highway project, along with primary responsibility for related appellate briefing.
- Primary responsibility for federal court lawsuit regarding the termination of literary agent contract drafted a successful motion for a declaratory judgment that led to favorable settlement.
- First chair responsibility for AAA & JAG arbitrations regarding the termination of literary agent contract.
- Primary responsibility for drafting and successfully arguing appeal from trial court summary judgment ruling (lending and guaranty-related dispute) in Colorado Court of Appeals.
- Primary responsibility for drafting numerous extensive regulatory appeals.
- Primary litigation responsibility for dispute between Wyoming Treasurer and Governor regarding the creation of multi-million-dollar private equity investment limited partnership, resulting in a favorable resolution for the client.
- The team leader of over twenty-five legal professionals; responsible for managing and coordinating voluminous discovery and document productions for nationwide litigation and developing/maintaining comprehensive production procedures.
Mr. Feeder is admitted to the Colorado Bar and several federal trials and appellate courts.
Mr. Feeder attended the University of Denver on a Boettcher Foundation Scholarship and graduated with honors from the Daniels College of Business as a Finance/Real Estate major. He also attended the University of Minnesota Law School, where he participated in and was chosen as a director for the competitive Philip C. Jessup International Moot Court. He was also a staff member of the prestigious Minnesota Law Review, and his third-year Comment was selected for publication.