Charles E. Feldmann
Charles E. Feldmann is the Managing Partner at Feldmann Nagel Cantafio Margulis PLLC and has been advising clients all over the globe for the past 25 years.
Mr. Feldmann is an aggressive litigator demanding superior results through the use of the litigation process for the firm's clients. Mr. Feldmann brings firepower to the courtroom based on his two and half decades worth of experience & success in producing results for his clients.
Mr. Feldmann manages all of the firm’s practice areas and oversees the firm’s international cannabis practice, national and state wildlife defense and its military justice international division.
Mr. Feldmann was named by 2007 Colorado Super Lawyer for being one of the top attorneys in Colorado.
Experience in Prosecution, Defense & Military Law
Mr. Feldmann was a former federal prosecutor and defense attorney in the United States Marine Corps and a former state's narcotics prosecutor in Colorado. He previously served as a DEA Drug Task Force Commander and is a former lecturer and instructor with the Department of Defense and with the National College of District Attorneys.
Mr. Feldmann has taught prosecutor and defense counsel trial enhancement training at the Naval Justice School and was an adjunct professor at Colorado Mountain College in the areas of criminal and constitutional law. Currently, Mr. Feldmann represents clients across the globe and defends clients internationally and throughout the United States.
Cannabis Law Counsel
Mr. Feldmann is also a regulatory consultant specializing in the medical marijuana industry. Mr. Feldmann has extensive experience working with numerous state agencies focused on enforcement, licensing, federal risk mitigation and compliance related issues. He provides guidance and advice regarding the intricacies of state-by-state medical marijuana laws and helps businesses maintain absolute and strict compliance with state regulatory requirements.
Protecting Those Who Protect Us
Mr. Feldmann has extensive experience in representing Federal and State Law Enforcement officers, police officers, Sherriff's Deputies in criminal defense matters and law enforcement employment related matters.
Mr. Feldmann is also a member of the Armed Citizens' Legal Defense Network, Inc., as a Network affiliated attorney, which supports its members through education about the legalities of using deadly force in self defense, and in any interaction with the criminal justice system after an act of armed self defense.
- Colorado – 1992
- U.S. District Court District of Colorado – 2003
- U.S. Navy-Marine Corps Court of Criminal Appeals – 1992
University of Denver College of Law, Denver, Colorado
- J.D. - 1992
- Naval Justice School
April 2019 –Contributor and Mentor at CannaTech Tel Aviv Conference in Israel - "Panel: Intellectual Property, Regulation and Taxation for Cannabis Companies"
February 2019 – Speaker and Contributor at the Global Cannabis Business Development Conference 2019 in Portland, Oregon- “Navigating International Waters: Cannabis Regulation Around the World”
- February 2019 – Alumni Speaker and Lecturer, CannaTech Panama, Panama City, Panama: The Costs of Illegality, International considerations for the import/export of marijuana and hemp across international borders
- October 2018 – Cannabis Investor Symposium, Hong Kong: Navigating Risks & Regulations in International Cannabis
- October 2018 – CannaTech-Sydney Australia: The Importance of Maintaining an Honest Business in the Cannabis and Hemp Industry.
- October 2018 – International Section – New York State Bar Association Annual Conference, Montreal Canada: Cannabis Legalization and Distribution, in the US, Mexico and Canada
- July 2018 – Everything You Ever Wanted to Know About the Law on Marijuana and Hemp, Boulder Highland City Club
- March 2018 – CannaTech, Speaker on Cannabis History and Evolution Under the Obama Administration
- March 2018 – Charity event by Lochamim L’chaim (“Fighters for Life”), Speaker on legal counseling specifically for local former-military members who now live with PTSD.
- August 2017 – American Bar Association Annual Meeting, Speaker on "The Trajectory of Marijuana Law and How it Will Affect Your Legal Practice"
- November 2016 – Marijuana Career Panel, Speaker at University of Denver Law Chapter of Students for Sensible Drug Policy.
- October 2016 – Texas NORML Veterans Conference Legal Panel, Speaker on “Texas Marijuana Laws and Interactions with Law Enforcement”
- May 2015 – USMC Legal Assistance PME, Lecturer on Legal Ethics at Camp Pendleton, CA
- August 2013 – Lecturer at Naval Justice School on "Courtroom Storytelling".
- Trial Advocacy Instructor - for Prosecuting Alcohol Facilitated Sexual Assaults, Judge Advocate General of the Navy, Air Force, Army and Marine Corps.
- August 2012 – Lecturer on "Prosecuting Alcohol Facilitated Sexual Assault"
- Instructor for Trial Counsel/Trial Advocacy at PAFSA, Judge Advocate of the Navy and Department of Defense
- August 2012 – Lecturer on Storytelling in the Courtroom, Judge Advocate of the Navy and Naval Justice School, Prosecuting Alcohol Facilitated Sexual Assault
- August 2012 – Trial Advocacy Instructor: Opening Statements, Direct Examinations, Cross Examinations. PAFSA - Air Force, Army, Navy, Marine Corps Judge Advocates, NJS
- 2012 – Judge, Hogan Lovells Trial Advocacy Competition, University of Colorado School of Law and the University of Denver College of Law
- October 2011 – Trial Judge, Moot Court Hoffman Trial Advocacy Competition – University of Denver, College of Law,
- August 2011 – Instructor, Prosecuting Alcohol Facilitated Sexual Assault, Judge Advocate of the Navy and Department of Defense
- June 2011– Speaker, Annual Colorado Farm Bureau Conference
- September 2010 – Instructor, Naval Legal Service Office, Pacific Defense Counsel Conference, Tokyo Japan
- September 2010 – Instructor, "Prosecuting Alcohol Facilitated Sexual Assault," Judge Advocate of the Navy and Department of Defense
- June 2010 – Lecturer, Trial Counsel and Defense Counsel – Cross examination of an Accused and Cross Examination of a Victim. RLSO, Department of the Navy, San Diego, CA
- 2010 – Instructor, Ethics for Prosecutors, Regional Legal Services Office, Department of the Navy, Jacksonville, FL
- September 2009 – Instructor, Senior Defense Counsel at the Strategic Sexual Assault Litigation and Mentoring Skills for Senior Counsel
- September, 2009 – Instructor, Department of the Navy, Office of the Judge Advocate General, Criminal Law Division
- September 2009 – Instructor, Strategic Sexual Assault Litigation, Naval Justice School, Newport, RI
- August 2009 – Instructor, Trial Enhancement for Defense Counsel and Trial Counsel, Naval Justice School, Newport RI
- April 2009 – Instructor, Litigating Sexual Assault Cases, Naval Justice School, Newport RI
- February, 2009 – Instructor, Trial Enhancement Training, Naval Justice School, Newport RI
- May 2009 – Instructor/Lecturer, Prosecutor Trial Enhancement Training, Naval Justice School, Newport, RI
- February 2008 – Instructor/Lecturer, Prosecutor Trial Enhancement Training, Naval Justice School, San Diego, CA
- June 2007 – Instructor/Lecturer, Prosecutor Trial Enhancement Training, Naval Justice School, Charlottesville, VA
- Ethics and Courtroom Persuasion, Colorado DA's Council
- Ethics and Courtroom Persuasion, South Carolina Solicitor General's Office
- Ethics and Courtroom Persuasion, Nevada Municipal Prosecutors
- Ethics and Courtroom Persuasion, Oklahoma District Attorney's Council
- Professor, Criminal Justice, Colorado Mountain College
- Professor, Constitutional Law, Colorado Mountain College
- Instructor, Colorado Law Enforcement Training Academy
- Lecturer, Instructor, National College of District Attorneys
- Adjunct Instructor, Criminal and Constitutional Law, Colorado Mountain College
Honors and Awards
- Expert Network Distinguished Professional
- 2016 – Named 10 Best Family Law Attorney by the American Institute of Family Law Attorneys (AIOFLA)
- 2007, 2009-2011 – American Trial Lawyers Top 100 Trial Lawyers
- 2007 – Colorado Super Lawyers®
- Lifetime Achievement – America's Top 100 Attorneys®
Professional Associations and Memberships
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Colorado Trial Lawyers Association
- American Association of Justice, Member
- Veteran-Owned Business Program Participant
- The American Legion, Member
- Appointed to the 2018-19 Steering Committee Member Appointment to the Cannabis Law and Policy Task Force
- Cannatech Global, Alumni Speaker
- 91.5 KJZZ, How Do Arizona Medical Marijuana Dispensaries Legally Operate Under Federal Money-Laundering Laws?
- Marijuana Venture Magazine, March 2019 edition
- Marijuana Venture, Volume 6, Issue 2, February 2019
- Reefer Madness: Cannabis Stocks Draw In Investors
- From Prison to Profit: A Nare Prosecutor's Journey into the Global Cannabis Industry - The Edition | The Last Word (page 78)
- Marijuana Business Magazine - Vol 4 | Issue 8 | Sept. 2017 (page 32-34)
- Federal and State Sex Offender Registration: A Guide for Military Justice Practitioners
- Ark of War – Book I of the Solomon Secret
- Pharaoh’s Daughter – Book II of the Solomon Secret
- Sons of Sheriff Henry
- Navigating the Military Justice System: What Service Members Need to Know, By Charles E. Feldmann
- Witness Preparation and Examination for DUI Proceedings
- Strategies for Military Criminal Defense
- “Gottlieb is out; will this stall the progress on CBD?”, Marijuana Venture Magazine. May 2019.
Past Employment Positions
- Navy-Marine Corps, Federal Prosecutor and Federal Defense Counsel
- US Drug Enforcement Division – State Drug Task Force: Project Director, Task Force Commander, Task Force Prosecutor
- Colorado - Deputy District Attorney