Colorado Divorce Attorney
Sound Counsel for Families in Steamboat springs, CO
Ending a marriage can be a difficult and emotional experience. Parties must come to an agreement on how to divide assets and property, who will receive spousal maintenance and more. If children are involved, additional complicated issues arise regarding the children, including which parent will receive custody of the children, who will pay child support, and other matters concerning their well-being.
Types of Divorce in Colorado
Although Colorado is both an equitable distribution state and a no-fault state when it comes to divorce, we strongly advise that you consult with an experienced Steamboat Springs divorce attorney before you begin divorce proceedings.
A lawyer at Feldmann Nagel Cantafio Margulis, PLLC will be able to thoroughly review your specific situation and needs, advise you of the legal options and resources available to you, and help you determine the best course of action to pursue.
- Collaborative Divorce – A collaborative divorce is perfect for those couples who are willing and able to collaborate, with each other and their attorneys, to determine the family needs and how to get through the divorce in a healthy and productive manner. Our attorneys will work with you closely to resolve all outstanding issues and ensure all agreements are finalized before divorce papers are filed with the court.
- Legal Separations – A legal separation allows a couple the time they may need to either resolve their marital issues or come to a final decision to legally dissolve their marriage. During this time, the couple can request to separate their financial responsibilities and marital property.
- Annulments – Filing for a marriage annulment is completely different than filing for a dissolution of marriage. In the state of Colorado, specific criteria must be met in order to annul a marriage. One of our attorneys will be able to answer your annulment questions and help you determine if an annulment best suits your needs.
- Military Divorce – Service men and women have unique lifestyles and concerns. Although military divorces can be just as difficult and emotionally challenging as a civilian divorce, certain special circumstances must be taken into account when one spouse is a military member, especially if he or she is active duty or stationed overseas.
Our award-winning Steamboat Springs divorce attorneys fight for clients. Click here to find out why you can be confident in choosing our team.
Related Divorce Services
Most divorce cases involve other issues that require legal assistance. At Feldmann Nagel Cantafio Margulis, PLLC, our Steamboat Springs divorce lawyers are prepared to handle any and all matters you may encounter during your divorce, including:
Colorado Divorce FAQ
Q: What Is the Divorce Timeline in Colorado?
A: No two divorce cases are the same, but the minimum "waiting period" for a divorce is 90 days from the time the divorce petition is filed to the day it is finalized by the court. This means that some divorces can be finalized in as little as 91 days; however, most divorces take more time due to litigation, mediation, and otherwise coming to an agreement about the various aspects of a divorce.
Q: Is Colorado a No-Fault State for Divorce?
A: Yes, Colorado is a no-fault divorce state. This means that you don't need any grounds for your divorce aside from stating that your marriage is "irretrievably broken."
Q: How Much Does a Divorce Cost in Colorado?
A: Filing a divorce petition in Colorado costs $195; however, since every divorce case involves unique factors, there is no predictable total cost for divorce.
According to survey results compiled by Martindale-Nolo Research, here is a breakdown of the average cost of various types of divorce in Colorado:
- Average Cost of Divorce in CO: $14,500
- Average Range: $4,500 – $32,000
- Average with Kids: $21,700
- Average for High-Net Worth Divorce: $37,000
Request a Case Consultation – (888) 458-0991
Our legal team at Feldmann Nagel Cantafio Margulis, PLLC is prepared to help you learn more about filing for divorce, your options, and how we can be of assistance. Our Colorado divorce lawyers are committed to providing personal attention and step-by-step guidance through clients' legal journeys. Contact us today to begin yours!
Contact Feldmann Nagel Cantafio Margulis PLLC for a free consultation with a Colorado divorce lawyer. We have offices in Steamboat Springs, Boulder, Denver, and Edwards.