Colorado Criminal Defense Attorney
Defending the Accused in Denver
The Colorado criminal defense lawyers at Feldmann Nagel Cantafio & Song PLLC are seasoned trial attorneys devoted to defending the rights, freedoms, and futures of individuals facing criminal charges.
Our legal team understands that being accused of a crime can be one of the most difficult experiences a person can face, and we bring years of experience and an unyielding commitment to helping our clients secure the best possible outcomes.
Facing charges? Contact Feldmann Nagel Cantafio & Song PLLC for a free review with a Colorado criminal defense attorney.
Why Choose Feldmann Nagel Cantafio & Song PLLC?
With so much at stake in criminal defense cases, it is crucial that you retain the services of an attorney who is not only familiar with state and federal law but who has extensive experience handling these types of cases. Our criminal defense lawyers in Colorado have decades of combined experience handling a wide variety of criminal defense cases and have a reputation for achieving excellent results for our clients.
- Our Team of Award-Winning Criminal Lawyers Is Comprised of:
- Former District Attorneys
- Former State & Federal Prosecutors
- Former Military Defense Attorneys & Prosecutors
- Former Judges
- Former Police Detective
- Former DEA Drug Task Force Commander
Feldmann Nagel Cantafio & Song PLLC has been included in the Super Lawyers® magazine and was voted one of the Ten Best in Client Satisfaction in 2015 by the American Institute of Criminal Law Attorneys™. The firm also maintains membership in the American Trial Lawyers Association.
Criminal Cases We Handle in Colorado
The practice of criminal defense is both an art and a science. With decades of combined legal experience, our criminal defense attorneys in Colorado handle the full range of cases, including:
- Domestic Violence
- Drug Crimes
- Federal Crimes
- Internet Crimes
- Sex Crimes
- Theft Crimes
- Violent Crimes
- White Collar Crimes
Any Colorado criminal defense lawyer at our firm is prepared to begin working on your case immediately, and we can help you understand the best strategy to defend against the charges and penalties you face. We can be your greatest ally during this challenging time.
Click Here to View Some of Our Winning Case Results
Collateral Effects of a Criminal Conviction
When someone is convicted of a crime in Colorado they may be fined, placed on probation, sent to county jail, or even imprisoned, depending on the severity of the crime charged. However, there are other penalties that come after the courtroom. However, there are other penalties that come after the courtroom. Convictions can carry with them other collateral consequences, that is, consequences not directly imposed by the State itself.
These collateral consequences can include penalties as severe as:
- Ineligibility for certain jobs
- The loss of the right to vote
- The loss of the right to bear arms
- The social stigma that accompanies a conviction
These consequences are not always immediately recognizable or even written in the statutes of the crime charged and many of these collateral consequences can create challenging hurdles for those burdened by them.
So if the text of the law itself does not tell you about the other penalties outside of fines or imprisonment, how do you know what they are and if you are in danger of them? How will you know how your life will be affected? In Padilla v. Kentucky, the United States Supreme Court declared that the only collateral consequence you have the right to know about is possible deportation of lawful permanent alien residents of the United States.
Once your rights have been taken away by the courts or by collateral consequences, it may be difficult or even impossible to get them back. The best way to protect your rights, both immediate and collateral, is to hire an attorney who has the experience and knowledge to ensure that your rights are being looked after.
What to Expect When You Work with a Colorado Criminal Defense Attorney
At Feldmann Nagel Cantafio & Song PLLC, our criminal defense team values close attorney-client relationships.
Each client who chooses to work with us can expect to receive:
- Aggressive and persistent negotiations with prosecutors. We know that a lot is at stake when you are being accused of a crime. Our team strives for the best possible outcome that will minimize harm to your future.
- Protection of constitutional rights. We work hard to defend your rights by making sure that law enforcement officials and prosecutors do not beyond what they are allowed to by law.
- In-depth investigations & thorough analysis of evidence. We work quickly to investigate every detail in a case, including interviewing witnesses, reviewing police records, working with experts, and identifying potential holes in the prosecutor's case.
- Open and honest two-way communication. Our team keeps you up to date through every step of the process by keeping you informed of any new developments and being available to answer any questions along the way.
- Aggressive, relentless defense at trial. We are a team of experienced litigators who do not shy away from taking a case to court if necessary. We have former prosecutors and judges on our team who know how to effectively prepare a case in front of a judge and jury.
Throughout the years, our firm has helped numerous clients navigate their legal journeys, and we have fought tirelessly to have charges dismissed or reduced as much as possible. Because each client and his or her circumstances are unique, we always utilize a personal approach. When your freedom and future are on the line, you can trust our proven legal team to fight on your behalf.
Unparalleled Legal Representation for Law Enforcement
Feldmann Nagel Cantafio & Song PLLC proudly represents those who work hard to protect the people of Colorado. We recognize the issues that affect members of law enforcement and are available to assist officers with their legal needs. As the grandson of a Sheriff’s Deputy, son of a Colorado Under-Sheriff, and brother of a Detective in the Narcotics Division of the Denver Police Department, our Senior Partner, Attorney Charles Feldmann, has produced incredible results for law enforcement clients.
As a former DEA Drug Task Force Commander, USMC prosecutor, and state prosecutor, Mr. Feldmann has the type of experience you can count on to handle these special types of cases. To thank you for all that you do, we offer reduced law enforcement rates. Contact our firm to get started!
Contact Us to Discuss Your Case with a Criminal Defense Lawyer in Denver
Feldmann Nagel Cantafio & Song PLLC is a firm that places an emphasis on working tirelessly for our clients. We review cases thoroughly, work closely with our clients, and make every effort to protect their futures. If you are facing criminal charges in Colorado, we encourage you to contact our firm to discuss your situation personally with a member of our team.
We represent individuals who have been charged with crimes throughout all counties in Colorado and have multiple office locations. Learn more about how a Denver, CO criminal defense attorney from Feldmann Nagel Cantafio & Song PLLC can assist with your case. Call us today at (888) 458-0991!