Charles E. Feldmann
Charles E. Feldmann, is the Managing Partner at Feldmann Nagel, LLC and has been advising clients all over the globe for the past 25 years. Mr. Feldmann is an aggressive litigator demanding superior results through the use of the litigation process for the firm's clients. Mr. Feldmann brings firepower to the courtroom based on his two and half decades worth of experience & success in producing results for his clients.
Mr. Feldmann manages all of the firm’s practice areas and overseas the firm’s international cannabis practice, national and state wildlife defense and its military justice international division.
Mr. Feldmann was named by 2007 Colorado Super Lawyer for being one of the top attorneys in Colorado.
Mr. Feldmann was a former federal prosecutor and defense attorney in the United States Marine Corps and a former state's narcotics prosecutor in Colorado. He previously served as a DEA Drug Task Force Commander and is a former lecturer and instructor with the Department of Defense and with the National College of District Attorneys. Mr. Feldmann has taught prosecutor and defense counsel trial enhancement training at the Naval Justice School and was an adjunct professor at Colorado Mountain College in the areas of criminal and constitutional law. Currently, Mr. Feldmann represents clients across the globe and defends clients internationally and throughout the United States.
Mr. Feldmann is also a regulatory consultant specializing in the medical marijuana industry. Mr. Feldmann has extensive experience working with numerous state agencies focused on enforcement, licensing, federal risk mitigation and compliance related issues. He provides guidance and advice regarding the intricacies of state-by-state medical marijuana laws and helps businesses maintain absolute and strict compliance with state regulatory requirements.
Mr. Feldmann has extensive experience in representing Federal and State Law Enforcement officers, police officers, Sherriff's Deputies in criminal defense matters and law enforcement employment related matters.
Mr. Feldmann is also a member of the Armed Citizens' Legal Defense Network, Inc., as a Network affiliated attorney, which supports its members through education about the legalities of using deadly force in self defense, and in any interaction with the criminal justice system after an act of armed self defense.
Mr. Feldmann received his Juris Doctorate degree from the University of Denver, College of law and is admitted to the Colorado BAR and the Colorado Federal District Court.
- Colorado, 1992
- U.S. District Court District of Colorado, 2003
- U.S. Navy-Marine Corps Court of Criminal Appeals, 1992
University of Denver College of Law, Denver, Colorado
- J.D. - 1992
- Naval Justice School
- Speaker at the American Bar Association Annual Meeting, New York, NY August 2017 on The Trajectory of Marijuana Law and How it Will Affect Your Legal Practice
- Marijuana Career Panel Speaker at University of Denver Law Chapter of Students for Sensible Drug Policy. November 2016.
- Speaker on “Texas Marijuana Laws and Interactions with Law Enforcement” at the Texas NORML Veterans Conference Legal Panel, Texas Capitol. October 2016.
- Lecturer on Legal Ethics at United States Marine Corps Legal Assistance PME, 2015 Legal Services Support Section West, Camp Pendleton, CA. May 2015
- Lecturer at Naval Justice School on "Courtroom Storytelling". Trial Advocacy Instructor - for Prosecuting Alcohol Facilitated Sexual Assaults, Judge Advocate General of the Navy, Air Force, Army and Marine Corps. August 2013
- Lecturer - Prosecuting Alcohol Facilitated Sexual Assault, August 2012
- Instructor for Trial Counsel/Trial Advocacy at PAFSA, Judge Advocate of the Navy and Department of Defense
- Judge - 2012 Hogan Lovells Trial Advocacy Competition University of Colorado School of Law and the University of Denver College of Law
- Trial Judge for the Moot Court Hoffman Trial Advocacy Competition, University of Denver, College of Law, October 2011
- Instructor, Prosecuting Alcohol Facilitated Sexual Assault, August 2011, Judge Advocate of the Navy and Department of Defense
- Instructor, Naval Legal Service Office, Pacific Defense Counsel Conference, Tokyo Japan - September 2010
- Instructor, Prosecuting Alcohol Facilitated Sexual Assault, September 2010, Judge Advocate of the Navy and Department of Defense
- Lecturer for Trial Counsel and Defense Counsel - Cross examination of an Accused and Cross Examination of a Victim., RLSO, Department of the Navy, San Diego,CA - June 2010
- Instructor, Ethics for Prosecutors, Regional Legal Services Office, Department of the Navy, Jacksonville, FL, 2010
- Instructor, Senior Defense Counsel at the Strategic Sexual Assault Litigation and Mentoring Skills for Senior Counsel - September 2009
- Instructor, Department of the Navy, Office of the Judge Advocate General, Criminal Law Division September, 2009
- Instructor, Strategic Sexual Assault Litigation, Naval Justice School, Newport, RI - September 2009
- Instructor, Trial Enhancement for Defense Counsel and Trial Counsel, Naval Justice School, Newport RI - August 2009
- Instructor, Litigating Sexual Assault Cases, Naval Justice School, Newport RI - April 2009
- Instructor, Trial Enhancement Training, Naval Justice School, Newport RI - February, 2009
- Instructor/Lecturer, Prosecutor Trial Enhancement Training, Naval Justice School, Newport, RI - May 2009
- Instructor/Lecturer, Prosecutor Trial Enhancement Training, Naval Justice School, San Diego, CA - February 2008
- Instructor/Lecturer, Prosecutor Trial Enhancement Training, Naval Justice School, Charlottesville, VA - June 2007
- Ethics and Courtroom Persuasion, Colorado DA's Council
- Ethics and Courtroom Persuasion, South Carolina Solicitor General's Office
- Ethics and Courtroom Persuasion, Nevada Municipal Prosecutors
- Ethics and Courtroom Persuasion, Oklahoma District Attorney's Council
- Professor, Criminal Justice, Colorado Mountain College
- Professor, Constitutional Law, Colorado Mountain College
- Instructor, Colorado Law Enforcement Training Academy
- Lecturer, Instructor, National College of District Attorneys
- Adjunct Instructor, Criminal and Constitutional Law, Colorado Mountain College
- Speaker, Annual Colorado Farm Bureau Conference, June 2011
- Lecturer on Storytelling in the Courtroom, Judge Advocate of the Navy and Naval Justice School, Prosecuting Alcohol Facilitated Sexual Assault, August 2012
- Trial Advocacy Instructor: Opening Statements, Direct Examinations, Cross Examinations. PAFSA - Air Force, Army, Navy, Marine Corps Judge Advocates, NJS August 2012
Honors and Awards
- Expert Network Distinguished Professional
- Named 10 Best Family Law Attorney by the American Institute of Family Law Attorneys (AIOFLA) 2016
- American Trial Lawyers Top 100 Trial Lawyers, 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011
- Named 2007 Colorado Super Lawyer
Professional Associations and Memberships
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Colorado Trial Lawyers Association
- American Association of Justice, Member
- Veteran-Owned Business Program Participant
- The American Legion, Member
- Marijuana Business Magazine - Vol 4 | Issue 8 | Sept. 2017 (page 32-34)
- Federal and State Sex Offender Registration: A Guide for Military Justice Practitioners
- Ark of War – Book I of the Solomon Secret
- Pharaoh’s Daughter – Book II of the Solomon Secret
- Sons of Sheriff Henry
- Navigating the Military Justice System: What Service Members Need to Know, By Charles E. Feldmann
- Witness Preparation and Examination for DUI Proceedings
- Strategies for Military Criminal Defense
Past Employment Positions
- Navy-Marine Corps, Federal Prosecutor and Federal Defense Counsel
- US Drug Enforcement Division – State Drug Task Force: Project Director, Task Force Commander, Task Force Prosecutor
- Colorado - Deputy District Attorney