Hunting, Fishing & Wildlife Violation Attorney
Criminal Defense Attorney in Denver, Vail & Steamboat Springs
Those who hunt, fish, and others who enjoy the outdoors and wildlife often find themselves at odds with private land owners and Federal and State regulatory and statutory schemes that are confusing at best.
The outdoor and wildlife law attorneys of Feldmann Nagel, LLC are dedicated to informing, protecting, and defending outdoor enthusiasts. A Denver hunting, fishing & wildlife violation lawyer from our firm has extensive experience defending the rights of people arrested and accused of both civil and criminal offenses, as well as experience with Presidential pardons for wildlife violations. Our firm has particular expertise in effectively dealing with Federal Agencies and the Colorado Division of Wildlife. Contact us today to discuss your legal needs.
Our lawyers defend outdoor recreation law cases in state and federal court resulting from the following activities:
- Fishing or hunting without a license
- Poaching, unlawful possession, wasting of wildlife
- Shooting without a permit, trespassing
- All terrain vehicle (ATV) citations
- Ski accident (skier rage)
- Snowmobile accidents / collisions
- All outdoor-related recreation
Although some businesses may be protected by Colorado's Premises Liability Act that promotes private property rights, we provide recreation outfitters with aggressive defense in civil litigation matters involving outdoor recreation law.
In addition to defending equipment outfitters and manufacturers, we handle related legal issues for individuals who have been cited for the following:
- Season dates, bag limits, and license requirements
- Property and hunting rights disputes
- Big game hunting, elk and mule deer hunting, sport and fly fishing without a permit
- Firearm violations and offenses (no gun permit)
- Hunter harassment
- Illegal killings, possession and waste
- Willful destruction or theft of wildlife
- Operation Game Thief, Interstate Wildlife Violator Compact
- Transportation, importation, exportation, and release of wildlife
- Use of motor vehicles or aircraft
- Illegal use of motor vehicles and radios to take wildlife
- Parks and outdoor recreation
Consequences of Outdoor Sports Violations
It is our experience at the firm that many hunters do not understand if you lose your hunting rights in a state that has joined the Interstate Wildlife Violator Compact, you lose your hunting rights in any state that has signed the Interstate Compact. For example, if you lose your hunting rights in Colorado, which is a part of the Interstate Compact, you lose your hunting rights in ALL states that are a part of the Interstate Compact. The list of states in the Interstate Compact continues to grow and currently includes:
- New Mexico
- New York
- North Dakota
- South Dakota
Make sure you contact our firm before you do anything that could implicate you rights. Whether you seek assistance concerning a legal matter of public access, BLM (Bureau of Land Management) responsibility, allowable activities within city limits, or even seek risk management advice, we can help. We will regularly communicate with you throughout the legal process to ensure the most comprehensive defense available.
Contact a Denver hunting, fishing & wildlife violation attorney regarding your legal matter involving outdoor recreation law.