National Reach, Local Commitment

For a Case Review Call 888-458-0991

Feldmann Nagel, LLC offers personalized case reviews. Let us explain your rights and what we can do to protect your future!

* See Disclaimer

Accolades & Awards

Accolates & Awards

Obtaining Court Approval for Settlements Involving Minors or Incapacitated Adults

Personal Injury Settlement, Wrongful Death Settlement

When a minor child or incapacitated adult is set to receive payments in a personal injury suit, wrongful death claim, or medical malpractice cases, the insurance company paying the claim will typically seek a court order approving the terms and amount of the settlement, and authorizing a fiduciary to sign a binding release against future claims. Colorado Rules of Probate Procedure Rule 16 provides a process by which a conservator, guardian, or parent of a minor or incapacitated person can seek court approval of the proposed settlement.